Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dwayne Bowe: The Untouchable!


Certainly, no one will be surprised if Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe bags both the best receiver and player of the season. His feats this season have been nothing short of amazing, and according to Michael irvin, he's just getting started.

"I talked to my man the other day [and] when I was talking to him I said that, 'You know every chance I get I'm grabbing credit for what you're doing,'" Irvin said laughing. "And we laughed about that, he and I, but the reality is that I can't really grab credit. That's a lot in him. Dwayne Bowe is a phenomenal talent, a phenomenal talent.

"As good as you think he is right now, he's probably 85 percent of what he can become."

Star-divide

You've put on notice, NFL cornerbacks. Irvin went on to explain the difference between a pure pass-catcher and athletes that are turned into receivers -- and where Bowe fits into that.

"People say you're a wide receiver and we think he runs out and catches a pass. That's his primary job but they come in different forms. You have what I call pure receivers that can catch any pass. They never have an issue with where their hands are and they catch the ball because they're pure receivers, pure pass catchers. Guys like Dez Bryant -- pure pass catcher. When you hear Dez Bryant talking about working out, he'll talk about running routes.

"Other guys that come in, they're athletes we turn into receivers. They're not pure receivers. They know how to run, they have great cutting ability but they have to work on their hands so when you talk to them about their workouts they say they go out everyday and catch 300 balls.Pure receivers don't need to go out and catch 300 balls. I already knew how to catch balls. When I work out, I work on getting open. When the ball gets there, I'll catch that. Don't worry about that."

So in which category does Bowe fall?

"Dwayne Bowe's something different," Irvin continued. "He's a phenomenal athlete with raw receiver skill. That's why I said he's 85 percent of what he can be. He's going to get better and I saw clearly the hunger to be the best."

Well with such blistering form, Dwayne Bowe certainly can go to the very top pinnacle of the all time greats!

No comments: